Tuesday, March 10, 2009

S’more Cookie Bars

I saw this recipe for S'more Cookie Bars on CrepesOfWrath. They looked way too good to pass up! They were incredible and pretty easy to make. I doubled the recipe only because the only square pan I have is a 9x13.

My camera died in the middle of baking so I missed a few assembly photos. But here are a few of the process! Recipe below.

Starting:
The batter. Pretty standard except for the ground graham crackers.

Splitting the batter in half. Half gets pressed into the pan. The second half gets smooshed onto the top after the chocolate and marshmallow fluff.

Half of the batter pressed into the prepared baking dish

Time for the good stuff! I didn't need this much chocolate.


I thought that the fluff was a little too stiff to spread easily over the chocolate, so I decided to try and microwave it. Bad idea! Luckily Dan (my husband) caught my mistake before there was marshmallow fluff all over the inside of our microwave. I'll pass on that step next time :)

This is where my camera died, so I missed the assembly process. I got some post-cooking photos though. Clearly my camera skills need improvement. I'll work on that!

S'more Cookie Bars
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 graham crackers)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 king-sized milk chocolate bars
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)

I'll definitely make these again. I'm going to need to get a smaller baking pan though, having too many of these things lying around is not a good idea!

Next up I think I'll make something from my own library to share...

3 comments:

Grace said...

I hope I get to enjoy more of your blogging successes! These were incredible and pretty much impossible to stop at eating just one.

This hobby of yours could be dangerous, but that's a risk I'm willing to take! :-)

Thanks, Mer!

Kim said...

so i dont know how often i will be able to visit your site - this core diet is KILLING me!!!!!!! :)

Mer said...

I am going to start posting core food too!