Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rosemary Leg of Lamb (s)

Thanks to Chestnut Hill Farms, we had accumulated 2 legs of lamb. I decided it was time to make them! on Friday morning, I took them out of the freezer and put them in the fridge to thaw out.

Coming out of the freezer:

On Sunday morning, I rubbed the legs with lemon juice, fresh chopped rosemary, and chopped garlic. I put them back in the fridge and let them soak up the flavor all day. When I was ready to start cooking, I placed the prepped lamb legs on a rack, and set that over a baking dish. They went into the oven at 400 for 30 minutes, and then stayed in there for another hour and a half or so at 350.



When the lamb was almost finished, I made my favorite veggie- asparagus!! I lightly toss it in olive oil and Krazy Jane's mixed up salt and throw it on the grill until they are slightly charred. Yum!!



I took the lamb out when it reached about 145 degrees


I had a hard time carving the meat, and was only able to get little chunks off at a time:
Dinner is ready!! The flavor of the lamb was pretty good, I loved the rosemary.

My dessert for the day? Some yummy strawberries!

1 comment:

Kim said...

holy mother of goodness, that lamb looks amazing!!!! i might have to borrow that recipe (even though i have never made lamb before)