Monday, March 16, 2009

Cheater's Chocolate Cookies

I came home the other day craving chocolate! It was already late, and I didn't have too much kicking around in my cupboard except for a box of Duncan Hines chocolate cake mix (Moist Delux Dark Chocolate Fudge, to be precise). I picked up the box, but then decided a baking a cake was taking my craving a little too far. However, as I put the box back on the shelf I noticed there was a recipe for "Chunky Chocolate Cookies" on the side. I couldn't resist... I totally cheated and used the shortcut!



It was so simple and took about 5 minutes to whip together. It was very, very thick dough... next time I will use a mixer, my hand got tired! These were some darn good cookies. Fantastic, actually. I only made a few, the rest of the batter is still wrapped up in the freezer for another day.







I will definitley be making these again! SO easy, and hits the spot when all you want is chocolate! Here is the recipe:

1 package Duncan Hines Chocolate Fugdge Cake Mix

2 large eggs

1/2 cup butter, melted

1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (I skipped this part in my rush)

1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (skipped this too)

Stir everything together. Drop tablespoons (mine were bigger than that) onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

No comments: