Saturday, October 10, 2009

You asked for it

And you got it :)


I spent today at home, sick. It's 7pm and I haven't left the house at all! I've been mostly sleeping and watching tv. Oh, and tracking Kona online. Anyway, when extreme boredom beat the cold (for a very short period), I dragged my butt out of bed for and did a little easy baking. Grace had inquired about healthy-ish scones a few days ago, so I did some searching for good recipes, and found a new blog with lots of great stuff! Comfy Belly has got a lot of good SCD and gluten-free stuff, I'm impressed!


Her recipe for Scones was super easy, and pretty tasty. I made a half batch, just mixed up the base ingredients (almond flour, baking soda, yogurt, honey), sprinkled a little cinnamon in there and then separated batter into a few portions and mixed different add-ins to each. To one, I added some raisins and walnuts. To another, just currants. To the third, chocolate chips. I skipped the egg wash and stuck them in the oven.


They were surprisingly tasty, I was really pleased with them! I recommend lots of add-ins (raisin and walnut was my favorite), plus I'd add a little salt to the batter next time.


The batter was very thick, like pie dough:





The raisin and walnut variety pre-oven

Out of the oven!Get the recipe direct from Comfy Belly :)

My comments: do the egg wash. Add a pinch of salt to the recipe. Try out different variations!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yum! Looks good to me =D.

Grace said...

Yummy! We're sitting on the couch eating our tasty scones. Thanks, Mer! And I made the broccoli over the weekend. Not as good as yours, but still great! :-)