Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream

This was my first attempt at making ice cream! It is pretty easy. I used another Comfy Belly recipe. It involved a can of coconut milk, a box of strawberries, and some honey.

I had no idea coconut milk was so creamy! Yum!

Blend it all up


Don't forget to pre-freeze your ice cream maker bowl :)

20 minutes later.... voila!

Storing it for later

Strawberry Coconut Ice Cream

2-2.5 (ish) cups of Strawberries, washed and hulled
One 14oz can of coconut milk
1 Cup of Honey (although I used less, maybe 3/4 cup)

I put a few strawberries aside and blended everything else together in the blender until smooth. Then I added the remaining strawberries and just pulsed a few times to leave some strawberry chunks.

Pour this into the ice cream maker and churn for 20-30 mins.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Wow - that looks wonderful. I really need an ice cream maker...