Friday, September 4, 2009

COOKIES!!! :)

As promised, a real recipe!

I bought a few pounds of Better Batter Gluten-Free Flour a few months ago and finally gave it a whirl. I find the whole GF flour thing overwhelming with all the ingredients needed to make up a substitute, so I cheated and bought a well-reviewed mix. I made a bunch of cookies and brought them with me up to Timberman for a post-race treat. They were a little crumbly, as expected. But still delicious. Even more delicious with ice cream (yes, I did bring the cookies into a restaurant and made myself a sundae). I used my favorite peanut butter kiss cookie recipe and substituted the flour with Better Batter, cup for cup.



2 2/3 cups flour (I used Better Batter GF Flour!!)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup
butter
2/3 cup creamy
peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Additional sugar
5 dozen kisses, unwrapped
(I didn't have chocolate kisses handy, so I skipped that part and threw a cup or so of chocolate chips in the batter instead)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking soda. Add butter and peanut butter and mix until smooth. Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth. I added in chocolate chips at this point.

Make balls out of level tablespoons of dough - add flour if needed. Roll in sugar. Didn't roll in sugar this time, not needed for the type of cookie I was making.

Bake 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet for 8 minutes.

Remove from oven and add 1 kiss to the center of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake for 2 more minutes. Skipped this step this time, just left in the oven for the extra 2 minutes.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yum!! Those look delicious =D. I've never seen Better Batter in Canada, but it looks like a good mix! Good luck with it!