Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Drunken Sausage

I found this recipe on The Crepes of Wrath. It was perfect timing as I had some Chestnut Hill Farms sausage to eat. I served the sausage with Hodgson Mill pasta, a whole-wheat/high protein pasta that is approved on the core diet if I have it after a workout. Tastes just as good as regular pasta to me!

These sausages contained just pork, a little cheese, garlic, and seasoning.


Sauteing the onion, garlic, and sausages
After the seasonings and beer were added.
Done! Pasta was too dry... need more sauce next time to drizzle over it!Drunken Sausage and Pasta

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 package hot turkey sausage (I used my 3 pork sausages from Chestnut Hill Farms)
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 jumbo onion, thinly sliced
salt and pepper, to taste
pinch red pepper flakes
1 box (16 oz.) whole wheat spaghetti
1 12 oz. bottle of beer (I used Blue Moon, will not use this next time)

1. Pour your olive oil into a pan and heat it over medium. Saute your onion, garlic, and sausages over the medium heat for 8 minutes. Make sure to turn over your sausages halfway through.
2. Add the salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste. I did a pinch of each and worked my way up.
3. Add your beer, cover everything, and reduce the liquid down to little less than half on high heat for 8 minutes. Make sure to flip your sausages halfway through. Boil the pasta while you do this.
4. Serve yours sausages and onions over the pasta. Make sure you get juices over everything, too. Serves 4.

No comments: