Thursday, June 25, 2009

SCD Avocado Muffins

These SCD muffins are a great treat with breakfast (or lunch, or dinner!). The avocado I used was not quite ripe, so the consistency was not quite right. Still tasty though!


Recipe from SCD*Recipe
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1 pureed avocado
1 cup toasted slivered almonds
1 cup SCD yogurt (I just used Fage, I am not quite ready to attempt homemade yogurt yet!)
2 cup nut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare muffin pans.
2. Cream butter and honey.
3. Beat in the egg.
4. Blend in the avocado, yogurt and nuts.
5. Lastly, add the flour and mix gently but thoroughly until the ingredients are moistened and combined.
6. Place in pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

Kim said...

grace said how yummy these muffins were! i have to try them! :) keep baking and letting us know how tasty the new recipes are!

Anonymous said...

These look good. I love avocados and I've never tried avocado muffins before. I bet they're yummy.